Ghode Jatra

Image
      Ghode Jatra     Ghode Jatra is one of the annual festivals of Nepal which is basically celebrated in Kathmandu - Tudikhel. The word Ghoda refers to horse and Jatra means festival , so ghode Jatra is the festival of horses. Ghode Jatra is celebrated in the month of March - April. On the day of ghode Jatra Nepal Army performs various acts by riding horse, horse racing, horse parade, various performances can be seen in Kathmandu - Tudikhel ground. Public holiday is given in this day where most of the governmental office remains closed. "It is said that Gurumapa  - one of the demons used in live in Kathmandu and the kids started disappearing day by day which was believed to be because of Gurumapa so people tried various ways to scare Gurumapa but nothing could scare him and once people chased him upto Tudikhel ground where many horses ran towards Gurumapa which injured him and he finally got scared and ran away so Jhode Jatra was believed to be started since then".  During

Happy women's day

 

     



   Women and mom

                     

You are the mother and a wife 

Who has always been my motivation,

Love, care and concerns from you 

Made me a strong version of me.

 

You gave birth of me in this world 

You gave me a warmth as a family,

In my mistake you made me feel its ok 

By supporting me to realized it.


Thank you for giving so much of priority

And keeping me ahead in everything,

You fought for me when needed

You cried with me in my sufferings.


You let me eat before you 

Without caring your hunger,

Gave me best thing in life

Without hesitating or doubt


                                   Samjhana Bhattarai


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sahid Diwas

Importances of Education